grumpycandycandy in Japan

Monday, October 17, 2005

Experiment


Last weekend we decided to make our own bread dough and to bake pizza (yes, that's me on the picture). We cook Italian dishes quite often and really master the tomato-meat sauce by now (no, seriously) but that one was a "premiere". As far as ingredients are concerned, I would say that one can find nearly everything in Japan if one is willing to pay the price.

A few examples on the picture:
- 2 mozzarellas: 600 yen (4,5 Euros)
- a few leafs of basil: 110 yen (0,8 Euro)
- aaaaand, the best so far, one cube of Parmesan cheese (3x3x1,5cm): 250 yen (2 Euros).
Total cost of the pizza operation: about 15 Euros. OK, not that bad.

You can see how it came out of the oven, pretty nice I think. Well, the dough wasn't completely cooked to be honest, but the sauce and the toping were great.
With the leftovers of the dough we also made some chocolate bread and bacon-egg bread. Hum..., needs some improvement but it was OK with breakfast, and I must say that it was good fun.

Quote of the day:
"All I ever wanted to do was to make food accessible to everyone; to show that you can make mistakes - I do all the time - but it doesn't matter". Jamie Oliver

1 Comments:

  • I think your sushi pictures are worth publishing. Do you have your own blog?

    By Blogger Marie W, At 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home