In the crime section

One of the latest scandals that regularly makes the headlines these days is this one.
"Someone" has been installing mini cameras at automatic cash dispensers all over Tokyo. The purpose is obviously to find out secret card codes. Once this is done the possibilities are endless. Think of all the shopping one can do! And you don't even need to go through this...
I wonder HOW they are doing that though. These guys must be damn good. 122 times...and never got caught? I don't know, but I imagine that something that involves such a high degree of precision and fine tuning cannot be done in seconds. It's also funny that it happens only at ATMs of one single bank (UFJ). Could it be employees working for that bank? Apparently it wouldn't be the first time that bank employees get caught with the hand in the bag (my direct translation of "la main dans le sac).
A bit worrying....(no, I won't tell you in which bank I deposited my millions!...nervous laughter...).
"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money."
Everett McKinley Dirksen (1869-1969), American politician
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home