grumpycandycandy in Japan

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Let's save energy


This is a follow up of my last post in French. When I saw that "article" about microwave heated bras in Le Figaro I thought that it was only one of the millions of gadgets that pop up every day in this country. But I found it funny enough for a post. This morning I found out that is also makes the headlines in Japanese newspapers. Here is the short text that goes with the photo:

"Model Hitomi wears a "Warm Biz" bra from Triumph International in Tokyo on Wednesday. The bra, made from boa fiber, is attached to long straps which can wrap around the neck to keep the wearer warm. It was created to promote the government-led campaign, which encourages people to wear warm clothes to conserve energy."

Hahahaha..So this is promoted by the government? I can't stop laughing. It is probably the winter version of another "let's save energy" campaign last summer. That one suggested that business men should get rid of their ties at work. This way they would feel less warm and turn down the air conditioning!
I can't wait until they come up with the next one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home