Here we are again
Here we are again, ready to say goodbye to another year. In a couple of days we will fly back home to spend Christmas and New Year with my family. This will be the last post this year and I won't be writing for a little while. Maybe this is a good opportunity to look back at some "tops and flops" of 2005. Here are a few of them:
Favorite music this year:
Coldplay (any).
Runners up:
Raymond och Maria
Morrissey
Most disappointing CD after high expectations:
Colin Hay, Going somewhere.
Best DVD we bought:
Frasier (season 1 and 2).
Scrubs (season 1 and 2).
Worst DVD we bought:
Salsa. Actors and plot are so bad that it was sometimes hilarious, so we kept it.
Sitcom-I-first-found-ridiculous-and-never-thought-I-would-like-but-now-I-can't-stop-watching:
Everybody loves Raymond (Sorry, this is true...).
Best Film at the cinema:
Ooh, thinking back I didn't go to the cinema at all this year!
In this case I guess it has to be favorite film on TV:
Pink Floyd The Wall.
Best book:
Anyone who knows me knows that I like to read. I used to read at least 10-15 novels every year. This year however I have been reading very little, I don't exactly know why. Watching too much TV?
Unfortunately I have to leave this one blank.
Most annoying commercials:
"Polly" (Sweden - Chocolates or sweets or stuff like that, must have some horrible liquorice inside anyway).
"Rodeo Boy" (Japan - A home rodeo robot that makes you lose weight, with rodeo music too, pfff...).
"Instant Cover" (Japan - A face and body cream that covers up ALL impurities and resists water).
Best food in a restaurant:
Sukiyaki (Kyoto)
Sushi (Tokyo)
Best dessert:
Cheese cake aux framboises (unbeatable)
Best food we made ourselves:
Meat pie
Brioche
Worst food we made (nearly) ourselves:
Cheese fondue
Mostly bought wine:
Chilean, Cabernet/Merlot
Best party:
My birthday party
Favorite photo I took this year:
Hum, difficult one. Looking back at my photos I didn't find them great at all this year. Excuses: The Japanese sky last march was too milky for good pictures. Also, some of my favorite ones where taken at Miyajima and I already uploaded one in one of my first posts (Hiroshima). And then, I didn't go to Italy this year, which used to be my main source of inspiration.
So maybe the best ones were taken in Stockholm last June when my family came visiting. This is a small street of the old town, a quite picturesque part of the city.

Worst photo:
That's an easy one, there are plenty to chose from! This one was taken in Japan last March:

Last but not least, quote of the year:
Too much haa-haa pretty soon boo-hoo - Ted, in Scrubs.
OK, it was actually last year's, but the way the line is delivered is so funny that one can watch it over and over again and still find it hilarious. And let's face it, there is some truth in it.
OK people, I have to leave you now. Thank you to those who are visiting the blog from time to time. I will try to keep up the good job next year :-))
Hope you have a nice Christmas and that 2006 will treat you well.
A la prochaine....
Favorite music this year:
Coldplay (any).
Runners up:
Raymond och Maria
Morrissey
Most disappointing CD after high expectations:
Colin Hay, Going somewhere.
Best DVD we bought:
Frasier (season 1 and 2).
Scrubs (season 1 and 2).
Worst DVD we bought:
Salsa. Actors and plot are so bad that it was sometimes hilarious, so we kept it.
Sitcom-I-first-found-ridiculous-and-never-thought-I-would-like-but-now-I-can't-stop-watching:
Everybody loves Raymond (Sorry, this is true...).
Best Film at the cinema:
Ooh, thinking back I didn't go to the cinema at all this year!
In this case I guess it has to be favorite film on TV:
Pink Floyd The Wall.
Best book:
Anyone who knows me knows that I like to read. I used to read at least 10-15 novels every year. This year however I have been reading very little, I don't exactly know why. Watching too much TV?
Unfortunately I have to leave this one blank.
Most annoying commercials:
"Polly" (Sweden - Chocolates or sweets or stuff like that, must have some horrible liquorice inside anyway).
"Rodeo Boy" (Japan - A home rodeo robot that makes you lose weight, with rodeo music too, pfff...).
"Instant Cover" (Japan - A face and body cream that covers up ALL impurities and resists water).
Best food in a restaurant:
Sukiyaki (Kyoto)
Sushi (Tokyo)
Best dessert:
Cheese cake aux framboises (unbeatable)
Best food we made ourselves:
Meat pie
Brioche
Worst food we made (nearly) ourselves:
Cheese fondue
Mostly bought wine:
Chilean, Cabernet/Merlot
Best party:
My birthday party
Favorite photo I took this year:
Hum, difficult one. Looking back at my photos I didn't find them great at all this year. Excuses: The Japanese sky last march was too milky for good pictures. Also, some of my favorite ones where taken at Miyajima and I already uploaded one in one of my first posts (Hiroshima). And then, I didn't go to Italy this year, which used to be my main source of inspiration.
So maybe the best ones were taken in Stockholm last June when my family came visiting. This is a small street of the old town, a quite picturesque part of the city.

Worst photo:
That's an easy one, there are plenty to chose from! This one was taken in Japan last March:

Last but not least, quote of the year:
Too much haa-haa pretty soon boo-hoo - Ted, in Scrubs.
OK, it was actually last year's, but the way the line is delivered is so funny that one can watch it over and over again and still find it hilarious. And let's face it, there is some truth in it.
OK people, I have to leave you now. Thank you to those who are visiting the blog from time to time. I will try to keep up the good job next year :-))
Hope you have a nice Christmas and that 2006 will treat you well.
A la prochaine....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home