Weekend cooking


The weather is not great these days (rainy season approaching), so it is still nice to be in the kitchen and prepare some comfort food for the weekend. On the menu: meat balls tomato pasta, fantastic as usual, with some Argentinean wine.
For dessert: creme brulee, a bit on the runny side I must admit, but it was really fun to torch the sugar to a caramel crust.


While I'm at it here is the recipe for 2 persons, taken from Nigella (Nigella Bites).
Put 200ml heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to the boiling point, but don't let boil.
Beat 3 egg yolks, 1 and a half tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon cornflour and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl.
Still beating, pour the heated cream over it. Put the whole mixture back to the saucepan and cook over low heat. The challenge is to cook it long enough for the cream to get thick without allowing it to split. I guess I was a bit chicken and removed it too early from the heat, but I'll (probably) do better next time.
Pour the cream into chilled cups and let it cool down. When it is cold put in the fridge overnight. Before serving sprinkle with sugar and burn it with a kitchen torch until it blisters .
Bon ap'.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home