Please do it at home
A woman doing her eye lashes in the train is apparently a disturbing sight. Fair enough.
The funny thing is that it is written in English, and I have seen virtually no other ad in English in Tokyo.
It probably carries a very important message for all those foreign ladies putting on make up in the train.... that do not exist.
I have never seen any gaijin doing any sort of grooming in a train in Japan. So why was English absolutely necessary for this specific ad? I don't see the point, quite frankly.
5 Comments:
It is a series of posters called "manner posters"
http://www.tokyometro.jp/anshin/kaiteki/poster/index.html
I guess the point of English texts on these posters is to let the non-Japanese-speaking passengers know that the company is against these behaviors and encourage them not to take up these "anti-social" practices.
By
Anonymous, At
1:04 PM
Yes, and I like the way the "ogi-san" turns his head and gives her his stare through his glasses. LOL.
By
Anonymous, At
10:00 AM
Well, there actually lies the sad truth about this poster.
1) Worry about what the others think of you in this society.
2) The oji-sans are really annoyed because they don't mean a thing to these girls. When they were young, the girls were suppose to be decent to please them, but not anymore!
By
Anonymous, At
12:15 PM
Poor oji-sans. And their wives don't care about them anymore at that age either. Sad.
By
Anonymous, At
5:20 PM
Indeed, indeed. I read some stories that these oji-sans are not treated well at home. The famous phrase is "Husbands should be doing well but away from home"
In this series of manner posters there is one that discourage passengers to talk with their mobile phones. People seem to share this view tha other passengers talking into a mobile in the train is annoying, but it isn't more disturbing than people talking to each other loudly, if you ask me.
By
Anonymous, At
7:54 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home